Friday, March 16, 2012

Critter 1.4a x64 SSE4 - Houdini 2.0c x64 Match Results

ATTENTION: This match was ran at the old time control of 5' + 5''. This entire match was ran again with the new time control, and none of these games are included in the ratings report.

1   Houdini 2.0c Pro x64 1CPU        +34/=52/-14 60.00%   60.0/100
2   Critter 1.4a 64-bit SSE4 1CPU   +14/=52/-34 40.00%   40.0/100

I am a bit surprised by this result: Houdini wins by 20. Critter beat Komodo by 1, and Houdini only beat Komodo by 3, so I am surprised, a bit, by the margin in this match. I mean no offense to either engine; I just expected it to be closer. Nothing seems amiss in the PGN file. All the controls were the same. The PC was unplugged from the Internet, and all extra processes were stopped, just like all the other games. I watched many games, and nothing seemed wrong; CPU utilization was the same, no strange processes were running, the anti-virus scan never launched, etc. I don't think it is because I am using Critter 1.4a (which I have used throughout these games that I am including in the rating and is meant to fix issues with engine matches with ponder = on), because IPON uses the same version and it's quite strong in their ratings.

Download the games here: http://goo.gl/naozd